NGU seeks students who have excelled academically and have proven themselves to be capable of learning through research, critical thinking, and analysis. NGU looks at its students holistically; and considers both their academic performance and their co-curricular activities, community participation, and leadership roles they have played during their studies at school during their admission processes. Successful applicants need to cover all of the admission requirements and submit all required documents to be considered for selection.
Requirements will be according to the rules and regulations of Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) announced before the start of each academic year for private universities.
Acceptance is based on MoHE and NGU academic and admissions requirements
- Applicants should submit scanned copies only for required documents and originals will be requested upon acceptance.
- Applicants can apply copies of their “in progress academic records” till they receive the final one.
Campus tours are available throughout the year where you can come and meet your fellow colleagues and future professors.
- All applicants should submit original academic certificates, diplomas and transcripts stamped by Egyptian educational authorities and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- All certificates or diplomas from outside Egypt should be stamped by the educational authorities issuing them and the Egyptian embassies in these countries.
- Official certificate of general secondary education (certified and authenticated)
- Proof of 12 years of schooling stamped by school and by the Egyptian educational authorities.
- One recommendation letter preferred from the applicant’s teacher on the school letterhead.
- Statement of purpose: In 500 words the applicant should highlight the major achievements he/she has done so far and state reasons of his/her interest in the program applying for.
- Two original birth certificate (computerized)
- Copy of Egyptian national ID
- Copy of passport (optional for Egyptian and required for international student)
- 4 passport size photos
- Military form 2 (for male Egyptian students)
- General medical certificate from recognized clinic.
Fill the Online Application.
To proceed with your application please note that you need to pay the non-refundable application fees. You can make the application fees payment through a cash Bank Deposit or Transfer at NGU Bank Account as per the details sent to you. Please note that your application will not be processed until we receive your application fees.
Submit all your academic and non-academic required documents, along with your English Test Scores . You can send scanned copies and all originals will be requested upon your provisional acceptance. To view the required documents for your degree please choose one of the following:
- Thanawiya Amma.
- IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate.
- International Baccalaureate.
- German Abitur.
- French Baccalaureate.
- American High School Diploma.
- Canadian Certificates.
- Other Certificates.
If you successfully complete all the above requirements you will be invited for a personal interview. Kindly note that submitting your English Test Score (Academic IELTS and TOEFL IBT) is compulsory to receiving an interview invitation.
A Provisional acceptance will be sent to you once you successfully meet the MoHE and NGU academic and admissions requirements.
You will be guided on the next steps, deadlines for your acceptance, and tuition and fees payment process. Delaying your acceptance to the provisional offer will automatically place your application in the waiting list.
- Tuition fees are paid through Bank Deposit or Transfer at the NGU Bank Account.
- Tuition fees are paid in separate 3 installments as per the specified payment deadlines below:
- The First installment due is in 3 days from receiving the provisional acceptance email.
- The Second installment due in mid-January.
- The Third installment due is the First of May.
- The tuition and fees for AY (2019/2020) are not yet announced. Please follow the NGU website for updates.
- For more information on scholarships offered at NGU please visit the Scholarship Page.
Tuition for Egyptians in Egyptian Pounds – AY (2018/2019)
In 72 hours from receiving the provisional acceptance email.
Tuition for Non-Egyptians in US Dollars – AY (2018/2019)
|5,000.00 US$||5,000.00 US$||
|3,500.00 US$||3,500.00 US$||
|3,000.00 US$||3,000.00 US$||
|Business & Finance||
3,500.00 US $
|2,500.00 US$||2,000.00 US$||
In 72 hours from receiving the provisional acceptance
Expected to increase from 10% to 15% for the AY 2019/2020
Personal interviews are intended to help the admissions team to decide whether each applicant will be able to benefit from the opportunities offered at NGU for its students. Since the admissions process at NGU looks at students holistically and is equally interested in their personal qualities as well as their academic skills and achievements; personal interviews are an important step for your admission process at NGU.
Interviews for admissions at NGU are personal interviews and does not require any preparation in advance. Just make sure you arrive on time. Members of NGU faculty and staff will conduct the interviews where a sample of an interview panel is composed of; the school dean, an academic member, and a student affairs member.
In order to receive an interview invitation applicants need to have submitted all the required documents especially their transcripts and English Language test score results.
NGU welcomes visitors and interested students to come and experience NGU. Attending the Campus tours offered at NGU can help you get a feel of the academic and student life on campus. You will also get to meet your future professors and fellow colleagues who will help you get an insider view and answer all your questions.
Campus tours are offered throughout the year. Please email email@example.com to register and receive information about our campus tours schedule.
School of Medicine and School of Dentistry:
IGCSE and IB certificates : August 25, 2019
All other certificates: August 18, 2019
School of Business and Finance and School of Pharmacy:
All high school certificates : August 29, 2019
School of Pharmacy Scholarship Program
The School of Pharmacy Scholarship Program is designed to provide partial scholarship opportunities for high school graduates who have excellent academic records, are enrolled in extra- curricular activities and/or community involvement to enroll at the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) program at NGU.
Interested students need to cover the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the School of Pharmacy Scholarship Program:
- Applicants need to be Egyptians;
- Applicants must meet all the admissions requirements for the School of Pharmacy at NGU;
- Preference will be given to students with outstanding academic achievements who are enrolled in extra- curricular activities and/or have community engagement.
Our selection criteria is based on some of the following:
- Academic achievement;
- Level of English Proficiency;
- Leadership potential;
- Reliability, dependability and commitment;
- Adaption and integration in diverse contexts;
- Community involvement;
- Personal values and Innovation.
Financial Scholarship Policy: the scholarship will partially cover the Academic Tuition fees only (25 % – 50 % of total tuition) during the five academic undergraduate years (10 semesters). Based on each semester report the scholarship will be terminated if a student fails to achieve the required grade of Very Good. If the student wants to continue his study in NGU, the student will have to cover the extra years on her/his own expense.
Application Deadline and Selection Timeline
Submit admissions and scholarships application by no later than Thursday August 1st, 2019)
- Eligible applicants will be asked to come for panel interview
- Number of selected scholarship recipients and partial tuition coverage for each selected student will be determined by the panel members based on the above selection criteria.
- Final selection will be announced before mid – September 2019.
When will the early admission for fall 2019 start?
The online application for the early admission for Fall 2019 will be launched on Wednesday 23/1/2019.
What is the deadline to apply for Fall 2019?
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday September, 2nd, 2019.
Does the Early admission guarantee my acceptance at NGU?
No, applying early helps guaranteed a space for you and does not risk your application entering the waiting list as it gives you the opportunity to finalize all the needed application steps early.
How Can I apply?
Please go to the ‘How to apply’ webpage.
What are the application fees?
Our application fees are 1,000 EGP per application. Our application fees are payed only once per application and are non-refundable.
Are the application fees refundable?
Our application fees are non-refundable.
What are the tuition and fees for my studies?
- School of Business and Finance
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
Can I amend my application after submission?
Yes, you can. If you need to amend or correct data on your application after submission, you can send an email with your amendments to the Admissions Office on firstname.lastname@example.org listing your full name and NGU ID number in the subject line.
Can I apply in two different majors?
Yes, you will be asked to insert two choices (first major and second major) in your application.
When will the interview process begin?
Interviews at NGU are scheduled in May of every year. Further details will be sent to you individually to set an interview date. Make sure you check your email regularly as not to miss your interview date. Please visit the Interview webpage for further details.
Will I still have a chance at NGU if my high school results will be released on (August)?
Yes, we are committed to keeping a percentage of spaces for students with international certificates. However, early application can increase your chances of securing a place.
What are the main requirements?
Please visit the entrance requirements webpage for further details.
Can I apply with 11 years schooling if I already got the percentage and the English Test Score?
The Ministry of Higher Education dictates that universities should not accept students with less than 12 years of schooling even if they have the required percentage and English test scores. No, you have to continue 12 years of schooling.
Can I submit the IELTS/TOEFL after the final exams?
Please read details on your English Proficiency Requirements.
Is التفوق الرياضى added to the Final Percentage?
You will need to present the official certification from the Ministry of Youth and Sports along with your required documentation.
Can I transfer from Faculty to another in NGU?
Yes it is possible. However, the major you are applying to, the transfer request time, and the availability will determine the final decision.
Can I transfer from another University to NGU?
Yes. Please read the ‘How to Apply’ section and ensure you provide the required documentations for your transfer.
Does the provisional acceptance email means that I am finally accepted?
No, your final acceptance is pending the final approval of the Supreme Council of Universities – Ministry of Higher Education.
Will I be eligible to continue my studies in UCL?
The NGU Health Sciences Curriculum is developed in collaboration with UCL, which facilitates and prepares the students for their continuing education at UCL if they wish. Students are required to apply independently to UCL.
Is my degree issued by UCL or NGU?
Your degree is issued by NGU, however the Health Sciences programs and course specifications are offered based on NGU’s academic collaboration with UCL.
Do I get double major degrees from NGU & UCL/KCL when I graduate?
You will receive only one NGU Bachelor degree upon your graduation from NGU.
What other schools will be in NGU? And when?
NGU offers the following undergraduate programs:
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Dentistry
- School of Business & Finance
- School of Economics and Political Sciences
- School of Engineering
To be announced:
- School of Law
- School of Antiquities/Archeology
- School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- School of Fine Arts
- School of Information Technology
- School of Linguistics and Translation
Is there transportation offered by NGU?
Yes, transportation services are available at NGU and detailed schedules will be announced before the semester starts.
Are there campus tours for visitors?
Yes, NGU welcomes all visitors in its campus tours. Please check the campus tour webpage for further details.
English is the primary official medium of instruction at NGU. NGU recognizes that applicants must have a level of English sufficiency to successfully participate in the learning process. Accordingly, applicants need to provide proof for their English Language proficiency to be considered for admissions. The English Language Proficiency test scores need to be valid at the time of your application. The accepted English Language Proficiency tests at NGU are:
- TOEFL IBT with the minimum total of 80. Bookings can be done through the ETS website by click here.
- IELTS Academic: with the minimum total of 6.5. Bookings can be done through the British Council website by click here or visit the British Council booth at the NGU campus.
AGOUZA TEACHING CENTRE
192 El Nil Street Agouza Cairo
+20 (0) 219789
Alternative telephone number
From outside Egypt +20 (0)2 33001666
HELIOPOLIS TEACHING CENTER
4 El Minya Street Heliopolis Cairo
+20 (0) 219789
IDP IELTS – Cairo – Test Centre
31 Omar Bekeir St., off Othman Bin Affan, Behind Military Academy, Heliopolis, 2nd Floor Office, Cairo, Egypt
IELTS test center working hours: Sunday – Thursday from 9:00 AM To 5:00 PM
Telephone number: 22416204/ 22416207/ 27744308