Today NGU celebrates World Health Day (7 April). As a member of the United Nations Academic Impact, NGU encourages you all to spread awareness about the “Health for All” campaign by the World Health Organization (WHO). You can get involved by sharing the key messages that WHO aspires to spread on World Health Day 2018.
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC) is about ensuring all people can get quality health services, where and when they need them, without suffering financial hardship.
- No one should have to choose between good health and other life necessities.
- UHC is key to people and nations’ health and well-being.
- UHC is feasible. Some countries have made great progress. Their challenge is to maintain coverage to meet people’s expectations.
- All countries will approach UHC in different ways: there is no one size fits all. However, every country can do something to advance UHC.
- Making health services truly universal requires a shift from designing health systems around diseases and institutions towards health services designed around and for people.
7. Everyone can play a part in the path to UHC, by taking part in a UHC conversation.